Saturday, April 21, 2012



Note: big story in Mexico today. Hit in Mexico City area.
Question is why?
Also, he wasn't carrying?

Published: 04/21/2012 2:08 By: SUN
Murder retired General Acosta Chaparro

The retired General Mario Arturo Acosta Chaparro, 70 years old, was
killed by three bullets as he left a garage in Lake Trasimeno,
Colonia Anahuac. Photo: Agencies.

The retired General Mario Arturo Acosta Chaparro, 70 years old, was
killed by three bullets as he left a garage in Lake Trasimeno,
Colonia Anahuac.

Acosta Chaparro was attacked at 18:15 hours by a young individual,
but without his escort, the retired general could not do anything to
save himself.

The Attorney General of the Federal District (PGDJF) does not rule
out that crime is linked to the attack suffered by the general in 2010.

Note: seems the drug war not quite over yet.

Two journalists, victims of attack Chihuahua bar
The incident took place last night in the hotel 'El Colorado' from
the capital of Chihuahua
21.04.2012 | 11:30 a.m.

MÉXICO._ Two journalists were killed in the attack a group of gunmen
held last night at a bar in Chihuahua named "El Colorado", even that
left 15 people dead and two seriously injured.

The State Attorney's Office reported that in the course of this day
will be announced officially the identity of the victims, but sources
of dependence revealed a preliminary list of the names of those
killed, among them two women working on the site as waitresses.

The attack took place last night around 23:00 pm when a group of
armed men entered the bar "El Colorado" in the north of that city, to
fire with automatic rifles against the guests, said Carlos Gonzalez,
spokesman for the Office.

Comment: Not in itself a significant story, but points out fragile
infrastructure in area. A obvious security concern. Would
legalizing dope stop these crimes? Don't think so.

Late night copper theft leaves Nogales neighborhood off the hook
CREATED APR. 20, 2012
Reporter: Marcelino Benito

NOGALES, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) - It's been a growing problem in Tucson.
Thieves setting their eyes and hands on copper, but the latest theft
is just a short drive away from the border.

It was pitch black and a remote brush-filled area on the way into the
border town of Nogales. Late on April 9th, copper thieves knew
exactly what they were looking for. But this attack was different.
Copper thieves have consistently targeted copper exposed above
ground. This time they targeted what was underground.

"They broke the box," said Century Link spokesperson Guillermo
Figueroa. "They got into the cable, and they cut it at ground level."

As soon as the cables were snipped, 10 to 20 Century Link customers
counting on the telephone connection found themselves offline.

"That small amount of wire impacted our customers and their ability
to communicate with loved ones," Figueroa said. "For a lot of people
the phone is their lifeline."

Century Link crews worked fast to get customers back up online, but
once thieves strike, the damage is already done. The copper wire
itself isn't worth much to replace. It's the hours of labor that come
at a cost to the company.

"It can run into the thousands," Figueroa said. "Technicians have to
work overtime to get our customers back online. The cost for the
company is huge."

Century Link tells 9OYS it's too early to know exactly what this
latest theft will cost the company, but it could be as much as $6,000.

Nogales Police would not speak with 9OYS on camera Friday afternoon,
but KGUN 9 has learned they consider this an isolated incident,
nothing like the rash of copper thefts Tucson's experienced in the
last few months. So far, NPD has no suspects in the case.

Still, Century Link urges anyone who sees suspicious behavior around
these power lines or telephone poles to immediately call 911.

No comments:

Post a Comment