Saturday, July 6, 2013



Note:  the report should have read "the alleged plan".  Many observers believe the body count is much higher.  

Report: Two more killings traced to missing Fast & Furious guns
Published July 06, 2013

  • FILE: October 14, 2011: A man writes "Fast" -- in reference to Operation Fast and Furious -- on a paper mache gun during a protest in Mexico City . (REUTERS)
Another weapon lost in the Obama administration's failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation has purportedly been traced to two more killings, 
including the fatal shooting of a police chief in Mexico.
The officer, Luis Lucio Rosales Astorga, was killed Jan. 29 in the city of Hostotipaquillo, which is in central-western Mexico, 
when gunmen intercepted his patrol car and opened fire, according to Justice Department records obtained by The Los Angeles Timesexternal-link.png
The chief's bodyguard was also killed, a second bodyguard and the chief's wife were wounded.
Operation Fast and Furious was run out of an Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives field office in Arizona. 
The plan was to sell guns to buyers and trace them in the black market as the crossed the U.S.-Mexico border, with the expectation they would lead federal officials to drug cartel leaders.
However, hundreds of guns were lost in the operation. And roughly 210 people have either been killed or wounded by them, according to Mexican officials.
In addition, U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry was fatally shot.
His 2010 death sparked several Capitol Hill investigations and a vote by the Republican-controlled House to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for not turning over records.

Note:  Not related to F&F, at least so far.  Have to wonder from who, where and how they will get these arms?  Will we be seeing them at AZ gun shows? 

Islamist group threatens violence after ousting of Egypt's Mursi
d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpegReuters – 7 hours ago

RIYADH (Reuters) - A new Islamist group has announced its formation in Egypt, calling the army's ousting of President Mohamed Mursi a declaration of war on its faith
 and threatening to use violence to impose Islamic law.
Ansar al-Shariah in Egypt said it would gather arms and start training its members, in a statement posted on an online forum for militants in the country's Sinai region on Friday 
and recorded by the SITE Monitoring organization.
The army's move, which was backed by mass rallies across Egypt, has raised fears Islamists could desert officially-recognized groups like Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood 
and move to more militant movements.
Mursi's exit has already triggered violence. 
At least 24 people died as Islamists took to the streets in Cairo and other cities on Friday to vent their fury at what they say was a military coup.
Mursi was elected president last year after a popular revolution swept away veteran leader Hosni Mubarak.
The army has appointed an interim leader and announced a transition plan which lacks a timeframe for more elections.
It has also arrested senior Muslim Brotherhood members and closed Islamist television stations.
Ansar al-Shariah said in its statement the military overthrow, the closing of television channels and the death of Islamist protesters 
all amounted to "a war declared against Islam in Egypt", SITE reported.
The group blamed the events on secularists, supporters of Mubarak and Egyptian Coptic Christians, state security forces and army commanders, 
who they said would turn the country into "a crusader, secular freak".
It denounced democracy and said it would instead champion Islamic law, or sharia, acquire weapons and train to allow Muslims 
to "deter the attackers, preserve the religion and empower the sharia of the Lord", SITE reported.


No comments:

Post a Comment